Letter from Chief Executive Hazel Peplinski with important information for owners
Perth Races – Tuesday 11th August - Twilight
Thank you very much for your collective strong support of our Behind Closed Doors fixture on Tuesday; we are delighted that Owners are able to attend the racecourse to support their horses on the day and those that attended our first meeting last month appeared to have enjoyed the experience albeit it is still very restricted. On reviewing the feedback from our first day we are now confident to increase the number of Owners badges that we can safely accommodate to 3 instead of 2. Should you be able to travel to Perth to support your horse here is an ABC guide to cut through the essential revised protocols due to attending a venue hosting professional sport that is still not permitted to welcome public spectators.
As the Owners Zone is separated from the Essential Workers Green Zone, we have had to reconfigure our enclosures and there are still significant restrictions regarding what we can offer you compared to Perth’s normal Gold Standard hospitality. I am sure you can understand the need to adhere to all the guidelines stipulated by the various governing bodies in order that the sport can continue its resumption and keep everyone safe at the same time. Your cooperation and patience in these most testing of times is much appreciated.
If you are considering making the trip to Perth, and I sincerely hope you are, please take a moment to read the information below that pertains to our on-going series of Behind Closed Doors fixtures. We shall update them as the situation evolves.
The overall guidance for Owners returning to racing can be found on this link here.
- To ensure you have no issues on the day and to enable us to ensure that all necessary arrangements are in place, including prioritizing the safety and well-being of all attendees, we request that you provide us with the details of those who shall be attending by no later than 4pm on the day before the racemeeting. Please do this via the Pass System https://www.rcapass.com so the details are available to us to download and avoid delays upon arrival.
- If you have any queries regarding this important accreditation process, please contact the PASS Helpdesk on 01933 270333 or email@example.com.
- All Owners, guests and representatives must bring Photo ID with them to the racecourse.
- To facilitate social distancing and avoid entry delays, Owners are requested to arrive at the racecourse no more than 45 minutes before their horse is due to run and leave the racecourse within an hour of the final race in which they have a confirmed runner. The racecourse has extended the Owners viewing areas to include the Upper Dewhurst suites within the Owners Zone. Please be mindful of your fellow Owners’ safety and retain your social distance in all indoor and outdoor areas.
- The racecourse facilities have been adapted to ensure that the protocols are fully compliant with all the Covid-19 guidelines. You shall be guided to the temporary Owners car park which is handily located close to the Owners dedicated entry for registration. This entrance can be found by following the directional markers from the car park and is a very short walk.
- Once you have gained admission, the Owners Zone extends to incorporate one side of the parade ring and an exclusive viewing lawn adjacent to the racecourse in full sight of the large screen. Within the Dewhurst Stand we have provided a ground floor hospitality suite (with toilets) where we shall provide some complimentary soft drinks, an Owners’ packed lunch and a tea and coffee self-service station.
- If your horse happens to win… and best of luck, the “Winners enclosure” has been moved to facilitate a photograph of yourself greeting your winning horse and rider, albeit from a safe two metres. A winner’s memento pack shall be made up for you for collection by a stable representative from the Racecourse Office since presentations continue to be disallowed at this time.
At entry stage the Going is officially Good to Soft, Soft in places after a very wet 24 hours on Tuesday. For any weather and going updates please refer to the BHA website https://www2.racingadmin.co.uk/JEDS001/index.html?null or contact our Racing Manager Matthew Taylor directly on 07521 517495.
Thank you again for your highly valued support. If you are unable to attend on Tuesday, we shall send all Owners a digital racecard on the day to assist you when watching the race from elsewhere. Please keep Perth in mind for the rest of our season (30th August, 7th Sept, 23/24th Sept) in terms of making future entries. We are pushing for extra fixtures to extend our season but it appears to depend on demand from the current horse population.
Please do enjoy your racing, do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have.