Letter from Chief Executive Hazel Peplinski with important information for owners
Bet365 Perth Gold Cup Day – Sunday 30th August
Thank you very much for your collective strong support of our next Behind Closed Doors fixture on Sunday; we are delighted that Owners are able to attend the racecourse to support their horses on the day and those that have been able to attend our meetings to date during 2020 have appeared to have enjoyed the experience albeit it is still extremely restricted.
We have received fantastic entries for Sunday and early indications that more Owners shall be prepared to travel to Perth with our fixture being on the weekend. Initially, based on our Covid capacities we are offering 2 badges per Owner for Sunday and would request that you register your interest to travel on the Pass system by 4pm on Saturday. At that time, should we still have spare capacity we shall be able to offer Owners a third badge until the capacity is reached. Thank you in advance for your understanding in what is a very frustrating situation.
As the Owners Zone is separated from the Essential Workers Green Zone, we have had to reconfigure our enclosures and there are still significant restrictions regarding what we can offer you compared to Perth’s normal Gold Standard hospitality. I am sure you can understand the need to adhere to all the guidelines stipulated by the various governing bodies in order that the sport can continue its resumption and keep everyone as safe as possible at the same time.
If you are considering making the trip to Perth, and I sincerely hope you are, please take a moment to read the information below that pertains to our on-going series of Behind Closed Doors fixtures. These have been updated as the situation evolves are always subject to further change.
The overall guidance for Owners returning to racing can be found on this link. here
- To ensure you have no issues on the day and to enable us to ensure that all necessary arrangements are in place, including prioritizing the safety and well-being of all attendees, we request that you provide us with the details of those who shall be attending by no later than 4pm on the day before the racemeeting. Please do this via the Pass System https://www.rcapass.com so the details are available to us to download and avoid delays upon arrival.
- For those interested in securing a third badge please call Matthew Taylor on 07521 517495 between 4 and 5pm on Saturday.
- If you have any queries regarding this important accreditation process, please contact the PASS Helpdesk on 01933 270333 or email@example.com.
- All Owners, guests and representatives must bring Photo ID with them to the racecourse.
- The racecourse has extended the Owners viewing areas to include the Upper Dewhurst suites within the Owners Zone. Please be mindful of your fellow Owners’ safety and retain your social distance in all indoor and outdoor areas.
- The racecourse facilities have been adapted to ensure that the protocols are fully compliant with all the Covid-19 guidelines. You shall be guided to the temporary Owners car park which is handily located close to the Owners dedicated entry for registration. This entrance can be found by following the directional markers from the car park and is a very short walk.
- Once you have gained admission, the Owners Zone extends to incorporate one side of the parade ring and an exclusive viewing lawn adjacent to the racecourse in full sight of the large screen. Within the Dewhurst Stand we have provided a ground floor hospitality suite (with toilets) where we shall provide some complimentary soft drinks, a tea and coffee self-service station, and the option of either cold snacks or regular deliveries of fish n chips which have been very popular! Tote Uk shall also be trialing a pool betting (preferably by card) facility for Owners on Sunday.
- If your horse happens to win… and best of luck, the “Winners enclosure” has been moved to facilitate a photograph of yourself greeting your winning horse and rider, albeit from a safe two metres. A winner’s memento pack shall be made up for you for collection by a stable representative from the Racecourse Office since presentations continue to be disallowed at this time.
At entry stage the Going is officially Good with some rain in the area over the next 24 hours. For any weather and going updates please refer to the BHA website https://www2.racingadmin.co.uk/JEDS001/index.html?null or contact our Racing Manager Matthew Taylor directly on 07521 517495.
Thank you again for your highly valued support. If you are unable to attend on Sunday, we shall send all Owners a digital racecard on the day to assist you when watching the race from elsewhere. Please keep Perth in mind for the rest of our season (7th, 23rd & 24th Sept) in terms of making future entries. We are pushing for extra fixtures to extend our season but it appears to depend on demand from the current horse population so please do add some extra pressure for jumps racing in the North!
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have and enjoy Sunday whether you make it here or not – our feature races are on ITV3 and all races covered as usual on Racing TV.