Perth Races – 2020 Finale – Wed/Thurs 23/24 September
Thank you very much for your fabulous support of our final meeting of the season next week with entries, we hope that you are able to declare your horse(s). Owners have been extremely tolerant of our restricted provision in the dedicated Owners Zone within our Behind Closed Doors plan and I thank you for your patience in this regard; at least we are racing. It is with great sadness we are completing our curtailed 2020 season without having been able to welcome back any racegoers or provide our usual experience for all attending Owners on whom we so greatly depend. Your support of Perth since we resumed in July has been very heart-warming and, whilst we remain very concerned about 2021, our BCD raceday P&Ls have exceeded budget due to the number of runners to the course, so thank you once again to yourselves and all the travelling staff.
Whilst this letter aims to guide you through any implications for next week if you are travelling to Perth, the most recent Scottish Government advice can be found here:
As the Owners Zone is separated from the Essential Workers Green Zone, we have had to reconfigure our enclosures and there are still significant restrictions regarding what we can offer you compared to Perth’s normal Gold Standard hospitality. Given the government’s new restrictions I am sure you can understand the need to adhere to all the current guidelines in order to ensure horseracing can continue its resumption and keep everyone as
safe as possible. Perth is working to the guidelines issued from Scottish Government and our own local authority Safety Advisory Group. These guidelines may differ from what Owners are experiencing elsewhere so please bear with us. My priority is to ensure we are not in breach of any of our protocols and your support in this regard is assumed when you enter our venue.
The overall guidance for Owners returning to racing can be found on this link
- To ensure you have no issues on the day and to enable us to ensure that all
necessary arrangements are in place, including prioritising the safety and well-being of all attendees, we request that you provide us with the details of those who shall be attending by no later than 4pm on the day before the racemeeting. Please do this via the Pass System https://www.rcapass.com so the details are available to us to download and avoid delays upon arrival.
- If you have any queries regarding this accreditation process, please contact the PASS Helpdesk on 01933 270333 or email@example.com.
- Temporary Badge allocation: Due to limited capacities, we are continuing with our policy of initially allocating two badges to each Owner via PASS. If there is a further requirement for badges from some Ownerships these should be requested via PASS by 4pm the day before your horse is due to run and we shall then allocate any spare capacity as fairly as possible. If the PASS system fails please call the racecourse office Tel 01738 551597 after 4pm.
- All Owners, guests and representatives must bring Photo ID with them to the racecourse.
- The racecourse has extended the Owners viewing areas to include the Upper Dewhurst suites within the Owners Zone. Please be mindful of your fellow Owners’ safety and retain your social distance in all indoor and outdoor areas.
Recent government announcements have stressed the importance of socially distancing in indoor spaces. Please support our staff and in helping to keep yourself, your fellow Owners and our staff as safe as possible by keeping socially distanced, particularly when indoors.
- The racecourse facilities have been adapted to ensure that the protocols are fully compliant with all the Covid-19 guidelines. You shall be guided to the temporary Owners car park which is located close to the Owners dedicated entry for registration. This entrance can be found by following the directional markers from the car park and is a very short walk.
- Once you have gained admission, the Owners Zone extends to incorporate one side of the parade ring and an exclusive viewing lawn adjacent to the racecourse in full sight of the large screen. Within the Dewhurst Stand we have provided a ground floor hospitality suite (with toilets) where we shall provide some complimentary soft drinks, a tea and coffee self-service station, and the option of either cold snacks or regular deliveries of fish n chips, which have proved very popular! Tote Uk and an On-course bookie shall also be trialing a betting service (cash or card) for Owners.
- If your horse happens to win… and best of luck, the “Winners enclosure” has been re-located to facilitate a photograph of yourself greeting your winning horse and rider, albeit from a safe two metres. A winner’s memento pack shall be made up for you for collection by a stable representative from the Racecourse Office since presentations continue to be disallowed at this time.
At entry stage the Going is officially Good, Good to Soft in places with a mainly fine forecast for the week ahead. We are now irrigating as necessary to maintain current conditions for the start of the two-day meeting. For further weather and going updates please refer to the BHA website https://www2.racingadmin.co.uk/JEDS001/index.html?null or contact our
Racing Manager Matthew Taylor directly on 07521 517495.
Thank you once again for your highly valued support. In case you are unable to attend, we shall send all Owners a racecard via email to help you to enjoy the action on Racing TV.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions you may have and best of luck for your runner(s) next week.